Job Title: Manufacturing / Design Engineer
Reports to: Operations Manager
• Assist in Operational planning.
• Conduct and documents various data research regarding products for cost analysis and evaluation of product quality and dependability
• Analyze, address and document all operating procedures for accuracy and repairs
• Develop logs and spreadsheets. Perform analysis when necessary.
• Create and modify blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions of product.
• Determine appropriate materials and machines required to fabricate parts.
• Computes dimensions, plan layouts, and determines assembly method and sequence of operations.
• Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining.
• Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
• Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, and jigs and fixtures, and recommends design modifications regarding construction and function of part.
• Develops specifications from general descriptions for specialty tools and draws, sketches, or creates blueprints to design the product.
• Assist with customer service as needed
• Assist with company production by operating equipment systems as needed
• Order and purchase equipment based on company needs
• Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, and grinder, to machine parts, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
• Production/Processing – Quality and cost control
• Understanding various mechanical and electrical processes
• Systems Analysis and Evaluation – Identifying needs of improvement and environmental changes
• Knowledge of routine equipment repairs such as hydraulics, pneumatics, logic control panels (PLC’s)
• Equipment – Prior knowledge and operating skills concerning welding, fabricating, cutting, powder coating, etc.
• The knowledge, skill, and ability to operate Microsoft Office and CAD systems
• Knowledge of algebraic equations
The Manufacturing / Design Engineer will spend the majority of the work day on the production floor assisting with all operating systems and equipment.
Prior Working Experience
At least five years of industrial engineering experience is required.
A bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required.