Job Title: Industrial Technician
Department: Production Reports to: Production Manager
- Assist the Production Manager in planning work flow
- Conduct various data research regarding products for cost analysis and evaluation of product quality and dependability
- Analyze all operating procedures for accuracy and repairs
- Order and purchase equipment based on current company needs
- Develop logs and spreadsheets
- Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.
- Computes dimensions, plans layout, and determines assembly method and sequence of operations.
- Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, and grinder, to machine parts, and verifies conformance of machined
parts to specifications.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
- Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, and jigs and fixtures, and recommends design modifications regarding construction and function of part.
- Develops specifications from general descriptions for specialty tools and draws or sketches design of product.
- Assist with customer service as needed
- Assist with company production by operating equipment systems as needed
- Production/Processing – Quality and cost control
- Physics – Prediction of physical principles for understanding various mechanical and electrical processes
- Systems Analysis and Evaluation – Identifying needs of improvement and environmental changes
- Maintenance – Knowledge of routine equipment repairs such as hydraulics, pneumatics, logic control panels (PLC’s)
- Equipment – Prior knowledge and operating skills concerning welding, fabricating, cutting, powder coating, HVAC systems, etc.
- The knowledge, skill, and ability to operate Microsoft Office and CAD systems
- Knowledge of algebraic equations
The industrial technician will spend the majority of the work day on the production floor assisting with all operating systems and equipment.
Prior Working Experience
Prior experience working in an industrial type setting preferred.
Technical and/or Associates degree in related field and at least five years of industrial field experience required.